|Author||Janet Butel and Karen C. Carroll|
|File size||56.8 MB|
Jawetz, Melnick & Adelberg’s Medical Microbiology introduces you to basic clinical microbiology through the fields of bacteriology, virology, mycology, and parasitology, giving you a thorough yet understandable review of the discipline.
Along with brief descriptions of each organism, you will find vital perspectives on pathogenesis, diagnostic laboratory tests, clinical findings, treatment, and epidemiology. The book also includes an entire chapter of case studies that focuses on differential diagnosis and management of microbial infections.
Here’s why Jawetz, Melnick & Adelberg’s Medical Microbiology is essential for USMLE review:
- 650+ USMLE-style review questions
- 300+ informative tables and illustrations
- 23 case studies to sharpen you differential diagnosis and management skills
- An easy-to-access list of medically important microorganisms
- Coverage that reflects the latest techniques in laboratory and diagnostic technologies
- Full-color images and micrographs
- Chapter-ending summaries
- Chapter concept checks